Wednesday 25 January 2012

Decisions decisions...

    The majority of you reading this will understand what I am talking about. A levels are crazy hard. I am currently studing Chemistry, Biology, Physics and Geography. It took me about a year to decide exactly what to take for A level, and as soon as I got there the teachers turn around and bombarded me with more questions. "What do you want to take at University?" "Which University do you want to go to?" "What do you want to do for the rest of your life?" ... My answer is I haven't got a clue!! How, at 16 years old, am I expected to make such decisions? I wouldn't be surprised if my biology teacher turned around and asked "So, Amy, how many kids are you going to have?"

     I know by now I should know roughly what career path I'm going to choose. Although, I can't understand why I can't just wait for opportunities to arise, or some to be ruined ... because surely, c'est la vive?
    
    I think for all of us we need to realise that sometimes things just don't go the way we want, even if we put all our effort into it. But that's okay. Things which go wrong, or prevent us from doing something or if we screw up, it all helps us to learn and become more determined to try again or aim for a different goal.

    So tell me what decisions are you having to make at this moment in your life? And why are they so difficult to make?

Amy X.

No comments:

Post a Comment